Call us today at 614-559-5052 to learn how our experienced staff can provide you with the following services:
We also offer consultation on the Americans with Disabilities Act, EEO and Affirmative Action and unemployment insurance, workplace safety, labor laws and prevailing wages.
Call or visit The Central Ohio Workforce Investment Corporation
to learn more
Welcome to COWIC (Central Ohio Workforce Investment Corporation), Central Ohio's premier workforce development and training center organization that connects job seekers with employers by providing numerous resources in a single location.
We are concerned about your business, your bottom line, your employees, your success. Your business is unique, and so are your employment needs are unlike anyone else's. We will work with you to custom design recruitment and training solutions to fit your needs.
Think of us as your most trusted partner.
(COWIC) Our Business Solutions team has made huge strides in assisting central Ohioans in landing a job through their many partnerships with local businesses and community organizations. We are committed to continuing to be Central Ohio's leading resource for attracting and retaining a workforce. The Business Solutions Team is comprised of experienced, certified Job Developers. Team members are very knowledgeable about high-growth and emerging industry trents.
We assist jobseekers who have a wide range of skill sets ranging from entry level to professionals with dual degrees who are in search of career opportunities. Prior to being referred to you, our Job Developers will conduct an initial pre-screen to ensure the candidate has your desired skills set and would be a good fit for your culture. We save you time and money by eliminating two steps, your having to source and conduct that initial interview!
On-The-Job Training - focus on offsetting a portion of the cost in the development of your new employees' skills
What we can do for you:
- Employer job posting - make sure your openings are seen by the right people.
- Applicant matching - match your needs against a large pool of qualified applicants.
- Job Expos & Casting Calls - hold special events which allow you to meet potential employees face-to-face.
- Skill and aptitude testing - Provide a variety of job seeker assessments to determine their fit for your specific needs
- Labor market and other informational resources - Our Job Developers stay abreast of industry trends.
- Small business resources and assistance - specialized workshops and events to help expand and strengthen your developing business.
- Available Training Programs your business can possibly qualify for:
- Customized Training - Focuses on offsetting a portion of the cost of providing customized training to your employees.
- Work Experience Programs - Provides the benefit of adding someone to your staff as a 'preview' before hire.
- Wage Subsidy and Tax Incentive Programs - Offers incentives when you hire Veterans or restored citizens